Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Well my Thanksgiving Holiday is almost over. I was able to be home for 5 days this year which was a blessing. The Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays are my favorite time of year and they always seem to go by far too quickly. This year the festivities were at our house and we were joined by our close friends. I smoked a whole turkey on the grill this year and it came out great! Everyone pitched in,we had sooo much good food to eat, from appetizers to dessert I counted 21 different dishes!

As I was sitting around the dinner table I started to reflect on all the many blessings which have occurred not only in the last year but continually throughout the many years. So I thought I would share a few of the many blessings that God has bestowed on me in the last year-

1. I have survived one and 1/2 years of grad school, and the end is in sight! This in itself is a big miracle. There are lots of things that have happened in grad. school that I'm grateful for so this point encompasses far more than can be described here.

2.I have family and friends whom I love and who love me and I was able to spend an entire day with them.

3. I live in a country where the government can be changed by the people without military coups or violent revolts.

4. I still have excellent health despite trying not to (ie. taking out trash resulting in a trip to the doctor).

5. Next semester is my last of grad school!!! Oh did I say that already?

So as this weekend end I wish all of you out there a happy Thanksgiving and now I must get back to paper writing, which if you notice did not make the list of things I'm thankful for.

1 comment:

Heather L. said...

Hey Christine!!! Thanksgiving was wonderful! You all did such a nice job and it was so nice to spend the day with you. The turkey was superb, perfectly done as usual.