I spent this summer in a lab pipetting samples up and down and up and down and up and down......
I had to make serial dilutions of over 936 samples, so to do the math 10 fingertip pushes to re-suspend the pellet, 1 push to aliquot the right amount, 4 pushes to suck up fluid to dilute, 1 push to put in right container, 10 pushes to mix, which comes to a grand total of 26 pushes for one sample.. times that by 936 just for step one.. and well you get the point. So imagine my relief when 211 samples into the mix I am told I can use our automatic pipetting machine to do the diluting and mixing part, ah heavenly bliss.
Which leads me to this post. The company who made the machine I used this summer also made this promotional video to sell it. I laughed for days, maybe it's just lab humor... but I still think the chorus is addictive.
No comments:
Post a Comment