Saturday, June 2, 2007

Light Summer Reading

So I have decided to set up quite a formidable list of summer reading this year. Go figure that I pick one of the most crazy summers in recent memory to start trying to tackle the classics.

Now you might be wondering "gee shouldn't she have read these books already" and the truth is yes I might have read some of them but not because I wanted to. Now that I am older and not a whole lot wiser I have decided to start trying to read with understanding some of the stuff I avoided when I was young. The list includes:
  • The Annals and The Histories by Tacitus
  • One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Solzhenitsyn
  • Confessions by Augustine
  • The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne
  • The Divine Comedy by Dante
  • The Republic by Plato

This is the first part of the list. As to whether or not I'll ever get through any of it, we'll see

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I did the same thing ... I wasn't interested in the classics until I turned 18 or so. Mom was disappointed that she couldn't count it for school anymore. ;)