Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Moments from a long weekend

One of the perks of working for the government is that I now get 12 federal holidays off. When I was a kid I used to hate federal holidays because it meant the mail wouldn't be delivered, now I love them because it means I get a 4 day weekend. Here are some brief highlights from this weekend:

1. Going to see the movie "Valentine's Day" with a bunch of girls (proceeded by a full spa pedicure). This movie was so so, really the only lasting impression I got from it was that I bet Jennifer Garner is a fun person to have as a friend.

2. Watching the birds fight over food in my feeder. There is this big dove who likes to sit in the base of the feeder guzzling down the seeds, as soon as another bird lands on the feeder the screaming starts and this dove chases the little chickadees away. Since my feeder is mounted on a hanging chain this is really amusing because the feeder starts to violently swing so the big dove is trying to chase off other birds, eat, and stay on the feeder which is swinging around like a carousel. It's a kind of like an "American Gladiator" event, bird style.

3. I've been enjoying reading this weekend. I have three full bookshelves full of books I'm anxiously awaiting to start so what do I do? I go to the library and find 10 new books which look way cool and I need to get them before someone else finds them and I have to be put on a waiting list. Why do I always sabotage my at home reading list?

2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I still don't like federal holidays because the mail isn't delivered. :)

And I'm sabotaging my reading list ALL the time. I can't seem to help it.

Carla said...

You must have fallen off the track. It's been 2 months and no new posts. Is your horse riderless?