Saturday, February 28, 2009

D-Day

Spring break is almost over and so now I look to my personal D-Day which is going to occur in 19 days: 50 minutes: 30 seconds. What is this D-Day, why it's defense day, a culmination of 2 years of work, sweat (literally in the lab where temps were in the 90's during the summer), and tears. While trying fall asleep last night (oh around 1:30 a.m.) I began to realise that my lab project could be titled "The Longest Lab Project" (a take on "The Longest Day" aka the longest movie by mom and I). There have been lots of false starts, detours, and problems. There has also been moments of sheer exhilaration, "ah ha" moments, and satisfaction at a job well done (these instances are usually proceeded by the problems).

Through it all I have learned a lot about science, perseverance, and myself. Now comes the time to share what I've learned with the class and the heads of the department. So with 2.5 weeks to go I need to write the presentation and summarize the project thus far. I just keep telling myself that after this presentation it's all downhill. So if any of you out there happen to think of me during the next few weeks a quick prayer would be much appreciated as I prepare to storm the beaches of academic review.

No comments: