Monday, May 7, 2007

+1

I was recently reading a book when I realized the startling fact that this month marks the one year point in which my life once again radically changed. One year ago I graduated from Purdue uncertain of exactly what it is I wanted to do but knowing that I didn't want to work directly in the vet. world. Now one year latter I look back on those uncertain times and can see how God used events in my undergrad. to prepare me for what I am about to do.

Last year this time I also went to Summit which brought many personal and spiritual changes into my life. I'm glad to say that the commitments I made at Summit are still with me today. I don't take what I know for granted, you need to know why something is true and be able to explain your reason for that belief. While I'm not sure how good I am at explaining what I believe I've definitely grown in my ability to do so since last year.

I also have become a voracious reader of people who before Summit I had never really heard of (or read any of) and once again my life has been enriched because of Nancy Pearcy, G.K. Chesterton, and Francis Schaffer.

I still am faced with uncertainty but being able to look back over this last year and see how it all works together for good (even the bad) I'm very glad that I'm in the care of someone who knows better than I do.

No comments: